Welcome to Skooqs, an online learning community enabling kids to develop their creative and entrepreneurial skills.
Skooqs offers highly personalized and effective creative skills learning programs for kids aged 5-18years. The Skooqs’ way of learning provides kids a learning platform where they can learn, engage and be excited about creating their own path to discover the innovative world.
What you would get
- You will have better outreach because our app is an educational technology product and this will ensure your content that falls along these lines will get to a global audience looking for it in the right places.
- Our platform ensures you reach out to the right audience which are kids on a global level.
- When you join our platform your audience will be increased thereby bringing in new members to your content and hence reaching the wider world in general with your passion to educate kids.
- As your audience is increased in the global space you will have more income accruing to you.
- Also, your passion for kids will be showcased to the right audience looking for it.
Specific Rules for Teachers
When you publish a class on the Site, you agree to the following rules:
- You will honor any enrollments through Skooqs.com at the price and time listed in the Service, and not to refuse enrollments or participation by any student for any discriminatory or other illegal reason.
- You grant us the right to place advertisements on your content at our sole discretion.
- Any content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material.
- You represent and warrant to Skooqs that you are qualified to teach the classes that you list with the Service and that you will at all times conduct yourself in a professional manner and in compliance with all applicable laws.
- You understand that, if you teach a class, your students will have the ability to post a review of this class. We cannot control the contents of any such review and will not be held responsible for any information or opinions that a user may include in any such review.
- You may choose to remove content from your class and will continue to own such content, but we will continue to have the right to use that content and to provide it to students who have paid for or enrolled in your class.
- You grant us full ownership of any video content that we have filmed for you. It is at our sole discretion to remove, add, or edit that video content.
- You agree that you will not submit content to Skooqs that violates the Skooqs Community and Class Guidelines, which may be occasionally updated.
- Skooqs reserves the right to, but is under no obligation, to delete the listing of any class at any time and for any reason.
- Teachers may earn revenue by publishing classes or offering additional services through Skooqs. To qualify for payments each month, Paying Members must have watched a minimum of 30 total minutes across all of your Paid classes that month.
- Skooqs pays teachers on the 16th of the month. Payouts sent on the 16th of each month are for transactions that have occurred in the previous calendar month.
- Monthly payouts begin the month following the month in which a teacher publishes their first Paid Membership class and receives a minimum of 30 total minutes watched by Gold or Enterprise Membership students.
- Skooqs distributes at least 30% of its monthly recurring revenue from Gold or Enterprise Membership to Skooqs Teachers on a monthly basis. The algorithm used to determine your monthly share is based primarily on your share of the total number of minutes watched on the platform. The specifics of the distribution calculation are subject to change from time to time.
- Teachers have 30 days from the time at which a payment was or should have been made to report any discrepancies. After 30 days, you have waived your right to dispute any payment.
- Teachers and students agree that Skooqs’s sole responsibility is to process payments and pay out teachers in the proportions set forth above. Skooqs is not party to any transaction between any student and/or teacher and cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from any such transaction.
- Teachers are responsible for all income, sales, and other taxes associated with the fees they earn. Skooqs teachers will receive the appropriate tax forms, from either Skooqs or one of its payment partners. Skooqs reserves the right to withhold any payment until it has received all tax identification information it requires to satisfy its obligations.
- Skooqs reserves the right to withhold or cancel payments to Teachers if it deems, in its sole judgement and absolute discretion, that the Teacher engaged in behavior that violated any part of this Agreement.
Gold or Enterprise Referral Program
As a teacher on Skooqs, you may participate in our “Gold or Enterprise Referral Program” by referring potential students to the Service. Under the Gold or Enterprise Referral Program, you will receive an award of ₦500 for each new user that visits Skooqs through your unique referral link and pays for their first month (or year) of Gold or Enterprise Membership. Award payments are subject to forfeiture or clawback if the student disputes the credit card charge or otherwise violates the payment terms, or if the teacher is found to be in violation of our terms. You will receive this reward within 50 days of the student paying for Gold or Enterprise Membership.
In order to receive a Gold or Enterprise Referral Award, each of the following requirements must be met: (i) you must log in to your Skooqs account on the Service and locate your “Referral Link”; (ii) you must share the Referral Link generated by Skooqs with friends, family, and followers; (iii) a student who clicks your Referral Link must create a Skooqs account and make his first Gold or Enterprise Membership payment.